|2007 Has Been a Fantastic Year|
Monday, December 31, 2007
Posted by jaygross
As we wish good bye to 2007, it's been an amazing year. Here's some of the highlights for our site:
- We finished the year with 19,062 members, and 3,503 premium subscribers. It is amazing how the site's member base continues to grow - I clearly remember when we only had 10 people.
- We now have 378,537 Successes and 527,214 Requests in the Request Tracking Database. Hands down, this is thing I am most proud of - how 1000's collectors regularly contribute.
- We now have over 17,841 Trade Items in our database.
- We have 132,334 Posts on our Message Board
- We've rolled out some great new features and upgrades this month:
As a completely biased and somewhat delusional Boston fan, this is my dream year.
- The Red Sox won the World Series. Josh Beckett was absolutely dominant and Jonathan Papelbon did the most bizarre dance to celebrate.
- The Pats ran the table and finished the regular season 16-0. They set the record for most points, Brady set the TD passing record with 50, and Randy Moss set the TD receiving record with 23.
- After the most putrid season since the ML Carr led disaster of the early 90's (24 wins and blatant tanking for the Oden-Durant sweepstakes), my Celtics pulled off the Garnett trade and have started the season 26-3. Very happy to see last night's win over the hated Lakers to sweep a 4 game in 5 nights West Coast trip.
On a personal note, I am excited to report that my collection has continued to grow.
- My buddy Darrin and I made the pilgrimage to Ohio this summer to go to 2 places I have always want to see:
- I loved going to card shows in the 80's and early 90's, and this was the year I got back into going to card shows:
- I am now 3 cards away from finishing the 1991 ProLine set - need Marino, Don Warren, and Mark Clayton.
- I am now 4 cards away from finishing the 1993 ProLine Portraits set - need Barry Sanders, Art Monk, Wilber Marshall, and Barry Foster.
- I am 16 away from finishing the 1989 Hoops set. A SCN member sent me a lead on Jerry "Ice" Reynolds, after 10+ years of searching for him. So hopefully he signs the request I sent him today.Thanks Mike.
- I jumped back into collecting one of my favorite Hockey sets - 1990 ProSet. I am about 30% done with this one. This was the year I finally got former Bruins Adam Oates, Andy Moog, and Al Iafrate by mail - after so many tries over the years.
- I have gotten a number of vintage cards I have always dreamed of getting - including signed HOFers from 1952 Parkhurst Hockey and 1957 Topps Basketball.
I look forward to 2008 being a great year for the site, the hobby, our members, my teams, and my collection. I'd like to thank everyone for all your support and contributions, and please look for many great new things coming up for this site.You guys are what makes the hobby something I love and enjoy more than I can express here.
PRINT | PERMALINK
Comments on blog posts can only be seen or left by Premium Subscribers. Subscribe now.